Just doing my part....

Just doing my part....
Checking the newspaper for jobs

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ho Hum

Well, my staff person pulled all those boxes and bins down from the hole in the ceiling a while back and decorated the house like she does every year. That tree thingy got put back up over by the front window, but my personal sleeping tower got moved over between the living room and the room with a big table where my staff dines, called the 'dining' room (I on the other hand, 'dine' in the kitchen...from a bowl on the floor...) and the only good thing about my tower being moved is it was right under a heating vent so I could stay warm. (It gets cold this time of year and there was this awful ice stuff on the ground too.) It was fun to bat at the colored balls and other hangy-downy things on the tree she insists on putting up once a year. I must admit I'm really proud of myself - I only knocked two of them off completely and I was able to restrain myself so I didn't bring the whole tree down down to the floor even once this year. Oh, my. I hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into an adult cat. Find me some toilet paper to unroll!

Now everything's back the way it is for most of the year. Frankly, it's really kind of boring. I miss the lights on the trees (yes, she has several little ones too) and the lights and stringy green things (um...I heard the word 'garwands' or something like that?) in the bathroom and behind the little man in the sleigh with the big dogs hitched up in front that was on top of a cabinet in the dining room and was all lighted up as well. The best thing though? Since the guy in the front room wasn't through building a greenhouse out back, the Orange tree had to come into the kitchen! Mom...er...my staff person...put lights on it as well! Truly - the house just was very festive and fun. Here's a picture of the Orange tree. Isn't it cheery? Now? The house is, well, just kinda blah.


Anyway, I guess I should wish everyone a Happy New Year. Of course, I didn't get to go to any parties or anything, Oh nooooo, although my staff person went to one just around the corner. She didn't get home until REAL late, like after all the fireworks went off. I'd been sleeping for hours, but when she came in I was ready to play. She wasn't. Go figure.

Happy New Year, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment